Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Real Last Melon! February 9, 2016

Well. My heart is so full of joy. I don't even know where to begin. I am so so so grateful for this opportunity I have had to be a missionary for the last 18 months. I have been very weepy today and I am not sure if it is because I am ready to go home or not. We will see.

My friend Charlie the Llama

 
I have learned so much about my Heavenly Father this last week! I think that last major lesson he wanted me to learn this week was that He knows best. He sees the whole picture of our life. I always have a plan of how I want things to go and He has shown me that He knows what will help me the most. I need to remember to include Him in my decision making. I am so grateful for His guidance in our life and our ability to learn of Him and learn of His will for us.

Me and our beautiful truck!

 
We saw so many miracles this week! We have worked hard and tried to be as exactly obedient as we can and we are being blessed for beyond what we deserve! We finally got to meet with someone the Elders were working with before Sister T got here! We had supper with him, W, and his less active fellowshippers, the H's, and it was amazing! The wife wanted to make a cake for us and she asked what we wanted the theme to be so obviously we said Harry Potter. So she made us a Harry Potter cake and we shared a message with quotes from Harry Potter. I had a really cool experience that morning. Every morning I begin my studies with a prayer and I ask my Heavenly Father a question that I want answered as I read the Book of Mormon. And that morning I asked a question about how I could help the H's. And I didn't really receive an answer, which I thought was weird but I continued to think about it throughout the day and as we were teaching them that night I received my answer. I totally relied on the Lord and the Holy Ghost, and through them I was able to speak the words the Heurken's and Will needed to hear. It was such an amazing experience! The Lord always keeps his promise of "ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find" I had to seek for it all day and it was given to me!
 
The Harry Potter Cake!

Another cool experience about seeking and finding happened this week! I lost one of my name tags  two weeks ago and I was so sad because it was my first name tag that I got in the MTC. So I was praying so hard to find it. At first I was frustrated that I wasn't finding it, and I realized that I was not doing anything to find it but pray. So I started to act on the promptings I received to find my name tag. And I am happy to report that the name tag has been found and is back on my coat! Heavenly Father is so patient with me! He has to continue to teach me the same lessons over and over! Good thing He loves me!

Me and the W's!  I love them!

Me and Nana and Papa H!

 
J and D both came to church on Sunday and it was one of the happiest days of my life! That same day W passed the sacrament for the first time, J and D's son was blessed, and I was able to bear my testimony to the Cherry Grove Ward. It was an amazing Sabbath Day! Seriously we have been so blessed!!

J and D son N

J and D and their kids R and N with Sis. T and I

 
Well, I will close with my testimony. I truly know that my Saviour loves me! I know He is there and that He is strengthening me when I am weak. I have felt His redeeming power in my life and I have seen it in the lives of those around me. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I finished it this morning and I received another witness of the truthfulness it contains. Wow. I have so much to say. But no time. So you will all have to hear the remainder of my testimony on Sunday in my talk.

Me and B, W and K!

Rebekah and I making crepes!

 
I love you all! I am so grateful for your support and love!
 
Love, Sister Burton
xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Even though the Book of Mormon is supposed to contain the fullness of the gospel, it never mentions the doctrine of baptism for the dead, not even once!

    Actually, the Book of Mormon condemns the very ideas that lead to the practice of baptism for the dead. It plainly indicates that there is no chance for a person to repent after death if he has known the gospel and has rejected it.

    In Alma 34:33-35 we read: "And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed. Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world. For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in, and the devil hath all power over you; and this the final state of the wicked."

    The Bible says, "And inasmuch as it is appointed to men to die once and after this comes judgment." (Heb. 9:27)

    Beware of the Mormon cult!

    ReplyDelete