Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Easter from Edmonton! April 7, 2015

This week has been great! I am typing on a little tiny computer so this email is going to be short because it is really hard to type on. So I will give little bullet points of the highlights of my week!

Well first off, General Conference! So good! I loved the Sunday Morning Sessions especially! I think that every talk was directed at me! I LOVED Elder Holland's talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. AMAZING!  I also loved Elder Nielson's talk about Watching, Waiting, and Praying! Sooo good!

We met with K twice this week and watched a session of General Conference with her! She loved it and is going back to watch all of the other sessions! We are meeting with her tonight! She has had really bad anxiety the past couple weeks and that has been why she doesn't respond to our messages but she thanked us for being persistant and is ready to meet with us again!! 

Kr talked to her mom this week and her mom told her that she is not going to support her decision to be baptized. Her mom isn't going to disown her which is a good sign but Kr is a little sad about it. But she is not going to let this stop her from being baptized. She is amazing!

D is still amazing! She watched all of the sessions of Conference and loved it! She is a little tender mercy every single day! 

We met with J and S again this week and we had a breakthrough with them! J admitted that Jesus is the Christ not just another person and he said that he knows that Christ can help him with every thing he is going through! The Spirit of Conference is so strong! They went to a members house to watch Conference. The member has two little boys ages 4 and 2 so it was a little hard for them to hear and pay attention to Conference but they still loved it and want to watch the other sessions that they missed!

We met with a new investigator this week named A. The Gateway YSA Sisters had a pass over lesson with us (they have been teaching her but she is in our area so we all met together and taught a lesson and now we are going to be teaching her) She is very intelligent and seriously desires to know if the Church is true. Her boyfriend is a member and they are getting to the point where they are talking about marriage and they both know that in order for their marriage to be solid they need to be on the same page religion wise. So she is investigating the church. Usually the word investigating isn't used literal but for A it is. She is digging down deep trying to find out what she believes. She is amazing! We are teaching her again tomorrow

Well this short email turned out to be longer than I expected it was just such a great week of finding answers to concerns, questions, and inspiration for investigators. I love being a missionary! I have always loved it but this week especially strengthened my testimony of missionary work and Jesus Christ. 

It was amazing to celebrate Easter on Sunday. It was nice to celebrate it without the things of the world. I studied the Savior's life and thought about his great atoning sacrifice all day! I know He lives. I know he loves each one of us and that is why he atoned for our sins and was resurrected for us. He knew that the only way we could return back to our Heavenly Father is if we could overcome sin and death and through Him we can. I am so grateful for His love and His sacrifice on my behalf. I love you all! 

Love, Sister Burton xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment