Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Secret to Happiness June 16, 2015

Hello Everyone!  I hope y'all are having a good week!  This week was amazing (as usual!).  Here are some highlights!

We went on Exchanges!  I went up to Londonderry, which is the northern part of Edmonton, with Sis. K!  We had so much fun!  We have already been on exchanges together so we didn't have to go through the get to know you questions, we just chatted and worked hard!  It was great!  I love training but it was nice to not have to do an extra hour of studies for a d ay!  I don't know why but getting out of the house at 11 is way worse than 10.  Haha!

We were able to meet with A one more time before she went to Quebec for 3 weeks.  Which was good!  She is awesome!  She is reading Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon just because she wants to.  Amazing!  She left on Saturday and we have texted her everyday since!  And today we are calling her and having a lesson.  We will see how that goes.  Too bad she doesn't have Skype or FaceTime because we can do that now.  And that would be way better than phoning her.  Oh well.  At least we get to talk to her!

There are so many more things that happened but I cannot think of them.  My mind is blank.  I am happy, I love being a missionary, and I love my Savior and His work!

This week during studies I was reading in 4 Nephi and I love what it says about the people when they were following Christ...
16-And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.

17-There wer no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

18-And how blessed were they!  For the Lord did bless them in all their doing; yea, even they were blessed and prospered until an hundred and ten years ha; and the first generation from Christ had passed away, and there was no contention in all the land.

They were soooooo happy!  As I have been following the things the Lord has asked me to do I have seen my happiness increase so much!  If you want to be happy follow the Savior!  There is a talk about happiness that I want you to  read this week.  It is called Full conversion Brings Happiness by Richard G. Scott.

I love you!

Love, Sister Burton

PS Get ready for some Selfie's because I have a problem!






No comments:

Post a Comment