Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Extreme Cold Warning Survivors! January 19, 2016

Alright there is so much to say in so little time!! Baaa...

Miracles galore!

On Wednesday we had a lesson scheduled with our investigators out in Loon Lake. It is in Saskatchewan and about an hour and a half away. It is on a First Nation Reservation and it is kind of sketch so the Senior couple from Lloydminster, the R's, came with us. We got out there and the family wasn't home. We knocked like 10 times to make sure. So we went to this run down cafe with the R's and waited for a bit. We called them a couple times and nothing. We also got a media referral for another lady out there but she didn't answer her phone either. After a while we went back to the B's house. This time we knocked even harder and more. Nothing. We called a couple of times. Still nothing. So we hopped in the truck and drove home, disappointed. On the way home Sister T said, "Why didn't the Spirit tell us they were not going to be home so we didn't drive all the way out there for nothing?" I got thinking about that a bit and realized that that is not the Spirit's responsibility. Heavenly Father wanted us to go out there for some reason. Either for us to learn something or the R's. Who knows. But I do know there is a reason we went out there. I have been pondering about that all week..

This was truly a faith building week! Last week we met with so many Less Actives and Investigators and had such a good week, and this week no one wanted to meet with us. But it was just as good! For me at least! I learned a lot about myself and preparing to go home. So many things are preparing me! I am so grateful for that!

We were supposed to have exchanges this week but one of our Sister Training Leaders was really sick. So instead they both drove up here and we had like a Grand Slam ish thing. One of us would stay in the apartment with Sister R and go over our  Area Book and Planner and such while the other one went out and worked with Sister L. I learned a lot! It was such a fun exchange! I sure love and appreciate Sister R and Sister L! They are amazing! Sister R is going home today. I am so sad for her! But she has such a strong testimony and faith that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing! She is amazing! I am so grateful for amazing examples around me! <3

On Saturday we went to the Church to make copies and the programs for Church the next day were sitting on the table. So we were looking at it and Sister T pointed to one of the speakers and it said my name...haha! We were both super confused. We texted Bishop and apparently they forgot to ask me. Haha good thing speaking in front of people doesn't terrify me anymore! So I spoke on Sunday. And it was probably the best talk I have ever given, for the first time I didn't write down exactly what I wanted to say I just wrote down a couple of scriptures and quotes. It was amazing! I was able to speak to the congregation and the Spirit was able to work through me! I LOVE THE SPIRIT!

I am so very grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary! I love it here in Cherry Grove even though it is freezing. Don't worry we survived -40C! Our truck almost didn't start but we were heading to church so the Lord blessed us! I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father who is watching out for me and teaching me so many things!!
I love you all!
Love, Sister Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment