Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This is my Joy! January 12, 2016

Hello! We had an amazing week out here in the middle of nowhere!


W and K were baptized on Saturday! It was an amazing day! They were so prepared! For some reason so many funny things happened at the Baptism.  K was terrified of going into the water. When she was baptized she didn't bend her knees or plug her nose. So that made it hard for B, who was baptizing her. Her whole body didn't go under so when she got up and tried to get all of the water out of her nose and eyes by spitting and coughing, they told her she had to do it again. She was not impressed..But she did it again and it was all good! W made the same mistake of not bending his knees too.. After the baptism we were talking to the them and K kept saying, "This feels nothing like the shower I took this morning!" They kept talking about how refreshed and good they feel! It was so amazing to witness! And D our other investigator gave the baptism talk at their Baptism and it was soooo good! She really studied and prepared for it!




"This is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9      #shoutouttoAleeceforshowingmethisscripture
Missionary work is my joy! I love it! I love that I can be an instrument in His hands!
This week we were able to go out Bonnyville, a town 40 minutes away, to meet with Less Actives. Everyone who moves into Bonnyville goes Less Active. The ward calls it the Bonnyville Curse. Hmmm.. something should change right? Well that is my goal. I am going to do all I can to help the Less Actives in Bonnyville! We met an amazing family on Sunday! They moved to Bonnyville a year ago from the Greenfield Ward in Edmonton. And now they are physically less active, but not spiritually. They have really strong testimonies. And they have the cutest baby EVER! I told them I would come back up here to baby sit her. I love her! ;)
We are teaching an older couple, the S, and they have a bison farm so we got to go see the bison up close. We were in a truck luckily. It was super cool! Sometimes I forget we are in the county...well I don't forget for too long because it is very apparent!


I must've been in a prayin mood this week because Sunday night I woke up on the floor on my knees with my arms folded on my bed. I thought I must have fallen asleep praying. So I finished my prayer and got up to go exercise, only to look at the clock and realize it was 2am. So I got into bed and fell asleep. Hah it was the weirdest thing ever. So apparently I pray in my sleep...
I have gained such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon this week! On January 1st I was filled with a strong desire to finish it before I came home. I was in Omni then. So it was a little far fetched, but I decided to read 10 pages a day and give it a shot. I have continued reading 10 pages a day and I am now in Alma 24. I have gotten so many things out of reading it this time! I love the Book of Mormon!! I know that it is true and I know that it is the way that we draw nearer to our Heavenly Father and Saviour, Jesus Christ!
I love you all! Have a good week!
Love, Sister Burton
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment