Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Gratitude January 5, 2016

Hello! This week was amazing! I really do sound like a broken record. But honestly being on a mission is the greatest thing ever and every week just keeps getting better and better!
This week was one of the best of my whole mission! Cherry Grove is sooo wonderful!
I am sooo grateful for so many things! So I am going to tell you about my week through gratitude. We will see how that goes.

Beautiful Sinset!  And us jumping on a frozen lake! 
Good thing Canada is so cold or we would be IN that
freezing lake! :)

1. I am sooo grateful to be here in Cherry Grove with Sister To (pronunced Toe). She is amazing! She has been out 3 months and is from Layton, Utah! Cherry Grove is also amazing! It is a big ward for being in the middle of nowhere! Everyone here is related. There is like 5 last names on the ward list. haha not really but pretty close.
2. I am grateful for the warm apartment we live in and the truck we have to drive. Yes, a truck. I did have a baby freak out when I was told I had to drive a truck! But it is good! We haven't died yet! I am extremely grateful for that and we are able to drive all over! We drive a lot up here! Everything is so spread out! We drive a lot on dirt roads too! So a little car just wouldn't do it. I am so grateful for the Lord's resources that we are able to use!
3. I am grateful that I am not as much of a picky eat as I used to be! My very first day here I had homemade deer jerky..It was really good! But the thought of it being a deer freaked me out! But I ate it and I liked it and more and more people are going to feed us deer and elk...yay..?!!
4. I am so grateful for the humility among the people in Cherry Grove! We are teaching quite a few people! K and her son W are getting baptized on Saturday! They are amazing! They have completely embraced the gospel and are soooo excited to be baptized! K is about 60 and W is in his 30's. I had the opportunity to teach them yesterday and it was so great!! They are hilarious! I love them!!! :) We are also teaching D! She is a mother of 2 young kids and married to a less active member. We spent New Years Eve with them and I love them soooo much!!! :)
5. I am so grateful for a supportive family and friends at home and the love they have for me and the gospel!
6. I am grateful for a New Year! And I am extremely grateful for 2015! I learned so much here in the great white north! I love Canada!!
7. I am soooooo grateful to be here in Cherry Grove because I got to see the NORTHERN LIGHTS! #dreamcometrue They were so beautiful and so amazing! I have never seen something so amazing!!!!!!!!!
8. And I am SO grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I have to share it with others! We have had so many tender mercies this week from Heavenly Father! We have been trying so hard to be exactly obedient and working hard and we have been blessed beyond belief!

Well I love you all! Have a great week!!!!
Love, Sister Burton
xoxoxo


Sis. To and Sis. Burton

We helped at the Primary Party on Saturday!  They did a Stripling
Warriors Training.  We played a game to help them understand
the story of the Stripling Warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment