Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Miracles!

This week was great! (Just like every other week, haha). But really. It was fabulous! We met with Patty and had amazing discussions about the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost! We took a member with us and they are like BFF's and she came to church and LOVED it. We are meeting with her again this week possibly twice. Patty loves the Book of Mormon and the feeling she gets when she is reading it. I am so excited to help her progress in the Gospel!
 

We met with Heidi and Joy again and made Christmas Sugar Cookies! We taught Joy about the Restoration. Heidi has been a member most of her life but she question the Gospel so she researched it in the wrong places. So she has some skewed ideas of things. So as we taught Joy, Heidi told her her opinions. It was good to have Joy know what her mom believes and we were able to help her resolve some concerns, but it is going to take a little while to help Heidi. I love them so much! They invited us over for Christmas! Next time we drive up to Morinville we are going to show them the Restoration DVD! I will take pictures next time we are there! 



The drive out to Morinville, where Heidi and Joy live, is like 30-40 minutes away!  It feels like we are in an outlying area!  It is such a small town.  It reminds me of Ephraim!  So cute!



 
We were having a lesson at the church and as we were walking into the church this drove up.  It was Blaine Van Bruggen.  He was the member coming to our lesson.  He honked the horn and scared me so bad!  I thought it was hilarious.  Only in Canada do members come to investigator lessons in this.


It is super snowy here in Canada.  I love it!  Which is surprising.  I thought I would hate the snow.  It hasn't been super cold yet so that is probably why I don't mind it.



Happy Thanksgiving! We are not having Thanksgiving this week it was back in October. I was hoping that a member would offer to make us Thanksgiving but no one did so we will just have regular supper that day. :)
 
Me and my Donair last week.  I love Donairs!  Utah needs to get them!  (Donairs are kind of like a gyro only made with ground beef and seasonings, sliced thin and served on a warm pita with tomatoes, cucumbers and a creamy garlic sauce.)


Guess what I have a new best friend!! Ronald! He is so cute! 
 
 
He is the small heart shaped one!  Heidi gave them to us and I am so excited!!  I will have to show you the growth of Ronald throughout my mission!
 
I hope you all have a great week!!!  Love you!
 
Love, Sister Burton xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment