Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Monday, May 4, 2015

Blessings April 27, 2015

This week has been another fabulous one!


My District before transfers.

 
On Tuesday we had a lot of lessons and said Sister W said goodbye to people. Leaving Sister W was one of the hardest things I have ever done! I love her so much! She is such an amazing missionary and best friend! I can't wait until we are both home and we can hang out and laugh together (because we do a lot of laughing together!) Our Mission President asked us why we were always laughing and we said it was because missionary work is a party!
 
Sis. W, K and Sis. Burton

 
On Wednesday I met my new companion, Sister R! She is so cute! She is from Kanab, Utah. I hope that I can teach her how fun missionary work is! I think I have because I laugh all the time :)
 
We met with Am on Wednesday. She is still doing super good! She has continued to read the Book of Mormon!! She as a lot of questions about the church culture. We are going to try to help her understand the doctrine and hopefully the understanding of why we do the things we do will come! We introduced to her to a member of our ward and she wants to come to our sacrament meetings! She has come such a long way in the few short weeks since we have known her!

 
Sis. Burton, Sis. R, Sis. Manion and Pres. Manion

 
On Wednesday we also met with a less active named Ch. She has had a hard life and is trying to figure out what she believes. We are teaching her the lessons again just so she can understand the doctrine of the church. Her stepdad has asked that we don't come to the house anymore so we walk her dog around the block with her then we sat in a park and taught her more about Baptism and the Holy Ghost.

 
Thursday we met with Au again! This week she read all of 1 Nephi! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She has always known that there was something after this life but she never understood what. She loves the church! She came to church again this week without her member friends. They were not even there! She is amazing! :)


 
Sis. Burton and Sis. R
 
Saturday we met with Kr for the last time :( She is absolutely amazing! And she will be a friend forever! We are going to keep in touch through email and facebook! We are having a skype lesson with her this week because she hasn't figured out where she is moving to. Once she does we are going to fax her teaching record to the missionaries and then she will finish the lessons and be baptized! She is so excited to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost!

 
And on Sunday we met with J and S. They both came to church! J loved it! He felt the spirit and wanted to bear his testimony! (It was fast Sunday because we have Stake Conference next week). J loved looking at the temple and wanted so bad to go inside. He has come a long way since we first met him. He still has a long way to go but he has decided that he wants to be baptized!! He set a date for May 29! Hopefully he will understand all of the church doctrine by then and hopefully we can get S on board. She just comes to spend time with J. We can tell that she is listening because sometimes she explains things to J but she pretends to not be interested. She will feel the spirit and come around soon!
 
"My favorite picture EVER!  Sis. Wa, K, Sis. W
and I doing a nice temple selfie!"

 
We were not able to meet with Ka but we saw her when Sister W said goodbye and we have been texting her all week. We have an appointment for tomorrow and hopefully she can come to FHE tonight!

 
I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be able to meet all of these amazing people! I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with my Heavenly Father this week! I am so so grateful for everyone that has strengthened my testimony both her in Canada and back home . I love you all!

 Love, Sister Burton xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment