Sister Burton

Sister Burton

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Happy Camper in Lakewood! July 21, 2015

 
This week has been amazing!  I LOVE Lakewood!  I LOVE Sis. Whiting!  I am one happy camper!
 
Sis. W and I.  Aren't we the cutest?



 
Last week we were able to meet with a lot of people so I could introduce myself!  We have done a lot of service.  I the last week we have weeded twice, played Beanbag Baseball with cute, little, old folks, and cleaned and washed out cupboards for one of our investigators!  Lakewood is very different from the other areas I have served in.  It isn't very big nor as rich as St. Albert and the East side of the City are.  But I love it!  The members are fabulous and the people we meet with are so great.  I don't really know any of them yet so next week I will provide more details.
 
We had an amazing lesson on Sunday with our investigator named S!  She loves talking about religion and no one else will talk about it with her.  There is only on small problem with S...She said that she was baptized into the Mormon Church when she was 6 or 7...haha!  We suggested it was probably when she was 8.  She said she didn't remember.  We got her first and last name and birthday and we are having our ward clerk see if he can find her records.  So she is our investigator/less active.  We will see. (:
 
This is OUR house!  We have the whole house to ourselves!
 
 

We also had a really good lesson with our new investigator named T.  She has taken the lessons before but like 20 years ago so we are going to teach her again.  We offered to do service for her and she said she didn't want to make us do that.  So we told her that the only way we get to wear pants is if we are doing service...so she let us come over and weed and share a message.  When you make people think they are doing a service for you they are more keen on anything! Reverse psychology at its finest!
 
 
T has lots of pets.  This is me holding Tango!




Tonight we are driving half way , like an hour, to Red Deer to go on Exchanges with the Sisters down there for a day.  S I will be in Red Deer all day tomorrow and then come back to Lakewood tomorrow night.  I am excited for exchanges!  I am going to be able to see so many different parts of Alberta!
 
 
I am one happy camper!


This Sunday we are having a Restoration Sunday!  Sacrament meeting, Sunday School, and Relief Society/Priesthood are all going to be focused on the Restoration!  We want to focus on the basics.  For active members and non members!  In every supper appointment we have had with members we have talked about the Restoration and invited them to invite someone to Restoration Sunday.  It is going to be amazing!  I will let you know how it goes next week.
 
I love you all!  I hope you have a good week!
 
Love,
Sister Burton XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment